Titer Testing Measures Immunity
In certain situations, it can be helpful to know your level of immunity to a variety of diseases and viruses. A titer test is a laboratory test that can help with that by measuring the presence and relative quantities of antibodies to diseases in blood. Antibodies are produced either after natural exposure or vaccination when an antigen (like a virus or bacteria) provokes a response from the immune system.
Did You Know?
Titer tests can be used to:
- Determine if you’ve had a past infection
- Discover which immunizations you might need
- Check the effectiveness of a vaccine
- Test to see if you have mono or a viral form of hepatitis
- Detect your level of immunity relative to certain diseases/viruses
Common Titer Tests
Although this information can be useful for anyone, it can be invaluable to medical professionals who need to know immunity levels of patients to viruses/diseases including:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Varicella (chicken pox)
- Mononucleosis (mono)
- Hepatitis B
A low amount of antibodies will indicate that you should have insufficient immunity to certain diseases/viruses.
Contact ARCpoint Labs of Minneapolis Metro area for your Titer Testing Services!
Accurate. Reliable. Confidential Testing.